Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Passion Denied

Desire isn't love...
~Brady (A Passion Denied; pg.154)

I believe he cares for you, but that's not love. Real loves gives, not takes.
~Brady (A Passion Denied; pg.154)

...as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
~Psalm 103:12
I've lived in this dream world of romance for so long now, that it's become my god, the craving of my soul... It made me feel good inside, warm and alive with passion...I realized...that without God in the middle, it's nothing but lust--heat that burns but doesn't keep you warm, A flash of fire that leaves you feeling empty and dirty and cold, like charred remains.
I want God to be the fire in my soul, not lust or romance. I want to live for him, not for myself or shallow dreams...Love and romance is a very good thing, but I know now that it pales in the face of love and romance with God in the center.
~Lizzie (A Passion Denied; pg.204)
Bitterness will calcify a heart faster than anytyhing
~Christa (A Passion Denied; pg.224)
...if you really love someone, then you want the best for them. And the `best` is clearly laid out in Deuteronomy 30...life and death, blessing and curse. God begs us to choose life-- his precepts-- so that he can bestow blessings on us. If you really love someone, why would you choose death-- your own lust and pleasure-- and cut off God's blessing from your relationship and the one you love?
~Faith O'Connor (A Passion Denied; pg.237-238)
Pray for fervor...Pray that God is the most important thing in your life, so much so that hurting him would hurt you. When that happens, and your choices line up with hism it profuces an amazing ripple effect of blessings--in your life, that of your family, and for the man you eventually marry.
~Faith O'Connor (A Passion Denied; pg.238)
John Brady is the most perfect and amazing man I have ever met.
They all are, darling...in the beginning. And then God uses them to make us grow...into the most «amazing» women.
~Marcy O'Connor (A Passion Denied; pg.396)
It's called humanity...and by its very nature, we are drawn close to the breast of a forgiving God.
~Father Mac (A Passion Denied; pg.431)
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power
may be of God, and not of us.We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed...For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory...And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 4:7-9,17,12:9

No comments: