Sunday, July 5, 2009

Going back to the beginning

These are some quotes I came across while I was cleaning up my room. They are some of the first quotes that I ever wrote down. I used some of them when I first started this blog but I'm going to repeat them anyways for two reasons: 1) because I didn't use them all last time, and 2) because I've lost them once and now I know where I can find them if I lose them again.

All of the following are from various animes with the exception of 1 or 2 so PLEASE don't judge! It bothers me when people are open to things then when you tell them it's from another country, in another language or you're part of a certain religion and they put up that screen and shut down. Ignorance may be bliss but, when achieved that way, bliss is only temporary. Sooner or later you'll have to face the world around you; with the direction our world is going in, that is becoming sooner and sooner every day. You might as well open your eyes to all the differences before you are forced to and suffer a serious case of culture shock. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad, it's just a different perspective to look at something.

That is why I take the opportunity to explore the world around me and search out all the differences I can. For me, it's the funnest thing to do and lets me uncover some of the coolest things this world has to offer. I truly thank God for this blessing he has given to me.

Don't let pride scare away happiness.
~Nana Komatsu (Nana)

Why is it two people can be perfect for each other, yet never be together?
~Daisuke Niwa (D.N. Angel)

Who ever said love guarantees happiness?
~Dark (D.N. Angel)

I know I can't go through life expecting the world to come to me.
~Nana Komatsu (Nana)

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
~Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)

If you live your life by someone else's standards, your life is no longer your own.
~Koyuki (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad)

How can you expect anyone to hear what you have to say if you can't be honest?
~Koyuki (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad)

You never know what fate has in store.
~Koyuki (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad)

Expect the unexpected.
~Kero (Cardcaptors)

Don't let your dreams outrun your common sense
~Aly

Water washes away everything.
~Mr.Ishida (Samurai's Daughter by Sujata Massey)

There are two types of people in this world: those who do as they're told and those who are true to themselves.
~Saku (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad)

People die because they no longer have the strength to stay alive. When you lose your will to survive, death is the only thing left.
~Madlax (Madlax)

There are somethings you can't find out about yourself unless you throw yourself into the flames.
~Teillagory (Le Chevalier D'Eon)

Why can't dreams and reality bring happiness to our lives?
~Nana Komatsu (Nana)

No comments: